YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Sunday, September 09, 2007

CAT ACT #3

JOSEPH "RED" HARTMAN
Roger: This might be the aluminum arena I was talking about that because of the silver finish, & the bars so close together, was hard to see through.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

24-Hour Man: I worked in this cage two seasons, '72 & '73. This was the last Beatty arena, built new in DeLand in 1960. Castle re-framed it, removing the original rectangular tubing, and refused my pleas to paint the bars. An etching compound can prepare aluminum to receive and hold paint, but for Hubert it was nothing doing, and people all over the route told me they had hell trying to see the act through the lights reflecting off the shiny bars.

9/11/2007 12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home