YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Friday, August 31, 2007

I NEVER SAW THIS BEFORE: A HANGING SWAYPOLE

I saw a lot of riggings hung in my 50 years, even nets, but I have to admit my ignorance here, this is the first time I ever saw anyone hang a sway-pole,(except break-away poles). Maybe someone out there can give me the details.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of wishes for a full recovery.

9/04/2007 7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bill, Looks like props from the moores dog act on the stage by the pool???? Mr. Lee

9/04/2007 8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When we worked for Bertram Mills Circus with our Chimpanzee act at the Olympia London 1965/66 winter season, Jimmy & April Fossett were also there with their Swaying Stars Sway-pole act, which was also "hung" This was the first and last time I have seen this done.

9/04/2007 8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home