YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Sunday, October 21, 2007

QUASSAR'S QUIZ: NAME THAT TUNE.

This one is for the musically inclined folks out there. I used this recently with the part of the song, "Just-a-Lookin' For A Home", but it is really the opening of a love song. Name that tune????

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rick Percy here! Is it "As Time Goes By"? If I'm right I must be a genius.... ha ha.

10/21/2007 2:52 AM  
Blogger Down the Road by Jim said...

I just want to say , that 1: I always thought Rick was the best band director , and 2: If I won a pizza in a contest I'd sure share it with him !

10/21/2007 7:50 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Rick: You are definitely the real thing, "You must remember this"!!!!

10/21/2007 8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the rest of us who will be humming that song for the next 2 days..where does that line fit??cc

10/21/2007 10:20 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

cc: It is the opening line, "You must remember this",,,,. They have an expression in German, "Ear Worm", which refers to a song you can't get out of your head. With me it is usually one I don't like, fortunately this one is a beautiful classic.
My favorite version is by rock singer Nilsson in an album called "A little touch of Schmilsson in the night". The musical arrangements by Gordon Jenkins absolutely blow your mind.

10/21/2007 12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could it be Solitary man, by Neil Diamond?

10/21/2007 12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AS TIME GOES BY' ' For the movie Casablanca.

10/21/2007 3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home