YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

QUASSAR'S QUIZ: WHO IS SHE????

I used this photo before under a different title with not one comment so I'm going to try it again.
This the Detroit Shrine Circus 1986, as you can see the liberty acts are entering. My question is, who is the young lady walking off the floor in the bottom right corner.


8 Comments:

Blogger Mike Naughton said...

Dolly

10/10/2007 4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would be my guess also, Mike. Even as a dark shadow, Dolly is gorgeous, and distinctive. Two ring's of Anderson's liberty horse, and Trudy's POA's. It must have been a beautiful show. Wade Burck

10/10/2007 4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto guys it's the one and only Dolly... Mr. Lee

10/10/2007 4:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I know, iknow this one Dolly...how could you mistake that perfect body.

10/10/2007 6:28 PM  
Blogger Mike Naughton said...

Aerial Vallas...is this KS or V?

V...remember when you and your family were on Yankee Doodle and your mother or yourself invited our middle daughter, MJ, to work in the unicycle act one day? MJ was 8-10 years old at the time and fit right into the act with her smile and blonde hair. She sat on your shoulders when you rode the high uni around the ring.

Well, I thought you'd like to know that MJ is now 22. She says HI and send her your route she'd like to spot date with you and KS. (kidding)

My email ydcircus@aol.com.

Mike

10/10/2007 8:38 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Received this email from Don Anderson last night.

HI BILL, JUST CHECKED YOUR BLOG AND WAS THRILLED TO SEE THE PICTURE OF ALL THE LIBERTY HORSES IN DETROIT. YES THE YOUNG LADY IS DOLLY JACOBS, OUR HORSES ALWAYS FOLLOWED HER ACT AND WE NEVER GOT TO SEE HER PERFORM OF COURSE WE COULD HEAR THE GREAT APPLAUSE. ONE DAY I ASK HER IF I COULD HAVE SOMEONE TAPE HER ACT SO I COULD SEE IT. SHE WAS AGREEABLE, AND I WAS JUST THRILLED. WOW, I STILL HAVE IT SOME WHERE. THE PICTURE IS ALSO ONE I HAD SOMEONE TAKE. IN A CONVERSATION A WHILE BACK, TALKING TO ERIC ADAMS HE STATED THAT I HANDED HIM THE CAMERA AND SAID "SHOOT!!! " SO GUESS WE'LL HAVE TO CREDIT HIM FOR THE GREAT PHOTO...................WE WERE TOLD BY THE SHRINERS THAT IT WAS A "FIRST" TO HAVE THREE RINGS OF HORSES, NEVER BEFORE OR SINCE. THE YEAR WAS, I BELIEVE 1986 AND TARZAN WAS THE PRODUCER...........
DON ANDERSON TEXAS WHITE HORSE RANCH

10/11/2007 5:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Donny, old friend, so good to hear from you. I hope all is well with you and your family. Give my best to your lovely wife, and children.
Wade Burck

wburck3@aol.com

10/11/2007 10:04 AM  
Blogger cwdancinfool said...

Don Anderson! Have you recovered yet from when I snuck up behind you at the circus parade in Milwaukee and grabbed your butt?

Jeannie

;)

10/11/2007 8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home