YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Friday, November 02, 2007

MEMORIES: FROM RICK COBB, OF OSPREY

Rick is the one who sent me the great pictures of Henri & Vera Kimris doing The Kimris Act in the Late '30's, & early '40's. Rick lives in California but returns to visit his father who lives in Osprey in the house he bought from Simmy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill,
Peaches and Simmy were two of the nicest people I had the pleasure of knowing. I met them in Parkersburg on the Tom Packs dates in 1958, I was a small kid that couldn't get enough of it. We remained friend for years. Another example of an act that you will never see again..took to much work. Truly in a class all their own. Thanks for the memories !!!

Dale A. Longmire

11/03/2007 1:03 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

SWEETHEARTS FOR SURE!!!!
I thought things are supposed to improve with time, & I guess some things have. I still feel though, that somewhere along the line, our business, "Blew the arrows"!!!!

11/03/2007 2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home