YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

MEMORIAL SERVICE: FOR OTTAVIO CANESTRELLI

I would like to personally thank Bill and Trudy Strong for providing a place for people to post comments and pictures of Ottavio. Ottavio and Oreste were very close to their son Steven when we worked together on Circus Varges a long time ago. I also want to thank everyone who posted on this site.

I think that it has helped my parents a great deal to know that my brother touched so many people's lives.


Ottavio's memorial will take place this Saturday, January 26, at 2:00 p.m. at the address below:

El Camino Memorial - Sorrento Valley
5600 Carroll Canyon Road
San Diego, California 92121

I hope that anyone who can attend the memorial will do so.

Ottavio was the last of my immediate family to still hit the road. He did so because he loved it and had the courage to carry on, even when the circus business changed for the worse. He was very successful, traveling all over the world and crossing over to legitimate theater. In doing so he fulfilled the hopes and dreams of my entire family.

Ottavio's parents, his daughter Catherina, his brothers and sisters, his nieces and nephews, and the rest of our family will always miss him.

Pietro Canestrelli II
*************************************************************************************
CHICAGO MEMORIAL TRIBUTE

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He was a treasured friend. I cannot express, at this time, how saddened I am. Suffice it to say, I will miss him until my last day.

1/23/2008 2:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home