YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Friday, February 22, 2008

QUASSAR'S QUIZ: MYSTERY CLOWN

This is more than a quiz, I have been obsessed with this clown's identity for several years, you would think with such a unique make up, & being on the shows he is pictured on so often, someone would recognize him.

Downie Bros. 1928.

With Paul Jerome, also Downie, '28.



Both of these pics are Hagenbeck-Wallace 1931.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The faint makeup on the throat lends me to believe it might be an early Bumpsy makeup or chesty mortimer ??? just guessing here....Mr. Lee

2/23/2008 7:50 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

I have seen photos of Bumpsy in this time period already in the character we are familliar with.

My boss in the "gocery store" I worked in as a kid would say, "never use a preposition to end a sentence with"

2/24/2008 3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could it be a young Lou Jacob? The makeup is close to his famous look and so is the wardrobe.

2/24/2008 9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My vote is with Jim . It looks like Lou Jacobs makeup.Don't leave us hanging too long Bill!. cc

2/25/2008 4:31 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

cc:
This one I don't even know myself, I have been trying for a couple years to find out who he is.

2/28/2008 12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home