YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Friday, March 14, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY: OSSIAN WIRENGARD

Those of you who remember The Wirengard Family, and their revolving aerial act might be interested in knowing Ossian just celebrated his 101st birthday.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had no idea Ossian was still alive!! When
I lost everything I owned in a wreck leaving mexico, Lilliana and sven told mr Wirengard what happened to me and on their say so he completely built all new props for my " Champagne Poodles" act, All the new props were stainless steele and mirrored balls.his workmanship was impeccable. He told me not to worry about paying him until I got back on my feet. I got work rather quickly and made sure to repay Mr. and Mrs. Wirengard's kindness to me just as fast as I could, Bigs hugs and Kisses to Lilli and svend as always..I always be grateful to them....Mr. Lee

3/14/2008 7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ossian & em were probably the biggest influence on my career. You only have to look at their rigging to see how mine was designed. They even allowed me to setup & practice in their yard. A great couple indeed, I learned so much from their encouragement & experience.
Jerry Beeman

3/15/2008 9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home