YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Saturday, May 03, 2008

FROM WADE BURCK: MEMORIES OF HAMID-MORTON CIRCUS

Every year Circus Chairman Obie Obrien & the Harrisburg Shrine Temple had a Bachelor Party for the men on the show, this is 1978. Obie is sitting at the table by Jimmy Hamid, how many old friends can you spot?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice hat, Wade...
in addition to many others that made that a very fun year, I see Danny Conn right behind me. I ran across his obituary on the net a short while back. Did you know he used to be bandleader for Frank Sinatra? There used to be a lot of great bands for circuses, but I'll always remember Danny Conn and Joe Dallas as having one of the best. Hamid put my wire in the theatre at the Steel Pier on several occasions and I would be practically over the bands' heads. George H. insisted I use my fireworks, and every show the whole band would be dodging sparks and smacking out smoldering sheet music and clothes. I suggested that Danny could convince George to cut the fireworks, and he just said... "No, man, its better than getting hit with tiger piss"

5/06/2008 5:50 PM  
Blogger Wade G. Burck said...

Ron,
It is a better hat then the one Buffalo Bob, my elephant groom is wearing isn't it. God Bless Danny Conn. He was a swinging musical cat, was he not.
Wade

5/06/2008 11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home