YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

GREATER OLYMPIA #2: THE TALENT


3 Comments:

Blogger Mike Naughton said...

The Dubsky Family's ROYAL HUNGARIA TROUPE were brought to the USA by Barnes and Carruthers Agency. The family returned to Europe and were imported a second time by the Mills Brothers Circus. They last worked in Ireland before crossing the Atlantic.
Perhaps Janos Dubsky can fill out this story in more interesting and accurate detail.
Hashi Dubsky has a page featuring the Royal Hungaria Troupe from the Barnes and Carruthers Agency catalogue of acts and attractions prominently displayed in his office.
He has pointed to that ohoto and told me at least a million times, "Don't forget where you came from."

5/07/2008 10:36 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

mike:
throw away all your carbon paper,( I'm kidding).
don't worry about the duplicates, I can take care of them.

5/07/2008 11:28 AM  
Blogger Mike Naughton said...

Bill,

We have a new MacBook and my fingers are not adapting well to the light touch keys and the "touch pad".
I am accustomed to the old bang and slap desktop keyboard.

You'd think with all this technology that they'd have XXL and INDUSTRIAL STENGTH keyboards.

5/07/2008 4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home