YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Friday, January 16, 2009

HAPPY 80TH BIRTHDAY LILLY YOKOI.

I don't know the exact date, but I received this interesting comment on the Lilly Yokoi movie post.

Monica said...
Hi all Lilly Yokoi fans!
Lilly will turn 80 this year. She is well and has retired in Tokyo. Her last performance was in 1982 at the Tower Cirkus, Blackpool, UK.
Thanks for your flattering comments. I will make sure to pass them along to her.
Her daughter...

In honor of her birthday I thought it fitting to run this video again.
LILLY YOKOI

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LILI
GOOD TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR
RETIREMENT...
FATIMA

1/17/2009 9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where do the years go? 80.. No way. Lets see that would make me.... Never mind...
Penny

1/17/2009 10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Penny

1/17/2009 10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birtday,
to the Best of the Best,
and many more,
Mireille Theron Arnosi.

1/17/2009 8:03 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

To Lilly's daughter:
The following is an email I received, if you wish to respond to it privately, you can use my blog email address in the header at the top of the blog. I can then give you his email address.
Bill

Bill, could you get me a contact with Lilly's daughter? I have a friend who is a Chinese performer who is very good with artistic bike and she is very impressed with Lilly. There are not too many female bike performers and she would like to touch bases with her.

I remember Lilly on the Trotter's along with Dick Franco. Lilly's husband, Rolando had a good handbalancing act with a double finger stand walk on globes.

Anyway, thanks for the great memories.

1/20/2009 3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also saw Lilly in San Diego with The Globetrotters in January of 1978. I will never forget seeing her work. My girlfriend is the Chinese woman mentioned in the previous comment. She has watched video footage on Lilly and clearly finds her very inspiring. We'd love to be able to get a message to Lilly just to let her know how much she is appreciated 27 years after she retired.

1/20/2009 3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home