YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Thursday, May 21, 2009

~FROM LARRY RUHL: ~THE PROCTOR & GAMBLE OXYDOL CIRCUS & ICE SHOW~ 1969~

"ALL THINGS COME TO HE WHO WAITS"
While surfing "Yesterday's Towns", Larry came across my December 1,2006, post on Jimmy Hetzer regarding the Oxydol Circus & Ice Show, I was never able to find a program for the show. Since Larry was "talent coordinator", for the ice show part of the show, and also designed the production wardrobe, he had a copy, & sent me the following.




3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bill. Musta been one heck of a show,

5/21/2009 11:43 AM  
Anonymous Jim A. said...

Display 10. Marie and Antoinette

Marie was one of Bobby Gibbs' elephants that carried a a small ice rink on her back, Antoinette the skater. Casey Gibbs can offer more information but the original prop was HEAVY and loading on the elephant was a challenge. I saw the show in its early days but I believe they modified and lighten the prop.

5/21/2009 8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The heaviness of the small ice rink on the elephants back was not the problem encountered...the elephant did not like the coldness of the ice rink. Larry Ruhl

6/16/2009 9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home