YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Sunday, June 10, 2007

QUASSAR'S QUIZ: WHO IS THIS YOUNG ROLLING GLOBE ACT

He passed away in the late '90's but she is still with us at the age of 87.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could be the Lacey's or the Hodgini's.
She almost looks like Malakova, but don't believe she's still with us.

6/10/2007 11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had the Lacey's with us on Castle in '72 and '73. Is this them? Mr. Lacey was such a good guy, he used to come over and help me push cages on soft lots. When I got nailed in Joplin, Mrs. Lacey took my blood-soaked white shirt and returned it entirely spotless. I still don't know how she did it--but the Lacey's were showfolks of the first order.

6/10/2007 5:26 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

It's like you said,,,,they were showfolks! But no this is not them.

6/10/2007 10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is Max and Gertie Craig during their years performing this acy. He later was Gil Gray supt. for many years. A little trivia info. Max's father was the band leader on the J.E. Henry circus and he was a youth there with Glenn, Bum, Todd, Hap And their sister Bertha Conners. Gertie was a farmer-rancher daughter from Montana who met Max. She loved horses and later I taught her to work a pony drill and in the ensuing years became an excelleny pony trainer in her own right. We enjoyed our friendship with the Craigs when M.R. and I spent seven years with them on Gil Gray. Gertie is a great Gal and we enjoy keeping in touch wen p-ossible.

6/11/2007 9:05 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Thank You Johnny!
We were only on Gil Gray four years and Trudy & I debuted our Cradle Act, The Pharoahs, the last year there. I'll tell you, we enjoyed working for Gil, & with Max & Gertie, I wish I had half his building talent. Those were among the best years of our careers.

6/11/2007 5:01 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

ANONYMOUS: I am happy to say that Zdena Malikova is alive & well at the age of 90.

6/14/2007 2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home