YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Sunday, April 30, 2006

HUMAN CANNON BALLS



Here are two completely different Cannons, the Sells-floto I'm guessing is 1929, which is when Gil & Lil Wilson were on that show. It is too bad we don't have a photo of it being fired as it is a very interesting prop. I believe Willy Wilno was the Cannon Ball. The other photo is obviously one of the Zacchinis, in fact Hugo identified his father Edmundo kneeling in front. The reason he is kneeling is because in those days he used a dynamite plunger to fire the cannon. The Zacchinis came to the USA in 1929, and from the style of the truck that looks close. The Cannon Ball is most likely one of his brothers.

2 Comments:

Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Thank You Karen

5/02/2006 8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill
I'm reading Water for Elephants These pictures bring that book to life for me. Thanks Kris

8/28/2006 10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home