YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

MEANWHILE 77 YEARS BACK


70 years forward, then 77 years back, isn't it just like the Circus to make a jump, and then jump back past where you were before. Here is the 1929 Sells-Floto Clown Alley again with two additions, the two clowns down front. I have been told the tramp clown is Paul Jerome, I have quite a few photos of the guy in the Bumpsy type make up but not a clue who he is.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pat Cashin said...

The guy in the lower left corner? Greg DeSanto knows. He told me at one time but I never wrote it down.

We've got to get him over here! He'll flip for some of these pictures!

Thanks so much for sharing them!

~Pat

4/26/2006 3:52 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

I don't know if you know the story behind the older photos. While remodeling the house I decided to steal the closet from the front bedroom to make the bathroom larger. In the bottom I found 3 Cowboy Boot boxes full of photo albums from Trudy's Grandparents, Gil & Lil. Trudy & the other kids did not know they existed, they've been hid away for over 75 years. With them were almost 300 negatives.

4/26/2006 6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home