YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Saturday, May 27, 2006

SNAPSHOT: EDDIE ZACCHINI


WOW!!!! What can I say about this guy, what can I say about this family. I will say, again, no I didn't get in this business too late, I made it just in time, I knew, and worked with The Zacchini Family. I heard Eddie passed away on the dance floor on a Cruise Ship, knowing him, it couldn't have been any better than that. This is the Kool-Aid Circus, in Peoria IL. 1978, L to R Kathy Killinger, Jack Cook, Rene Giraldo, Me, (Bill Strong), and of course smiling for the camera Eddie Zacchini.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting this picture of "EDDIE". A very true gentleman that I met briefly and have never forgotten the pleasure. This is the only picture that I have seen that shows that S%^$# grin he had. I will print and add this picture to my memory book. He sure looks great, but you should have seen him in a Speedo!!!

5/28/2006 7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm Little John from Circus World, and I was poking' around the links from the Buckles site when I stumbled across this photo; I freaked because my wife was on the Kool-aid Circus in 1978, and she has had a lot to say about Hugo Zucchini. We went through her photo album and found a picture of my wife “Winky” with Hugo. The Kool-aid show she was clowning on in 1978 was playing the state Fair in Nebraska, however, clown Gray Maximillion who is the clown hidden in the background of your Blog photo was also on the Nebraska show. Thank you for the blast into the past; I was most likely being terrified by a swelling punk monster bull named George on the C.W. Elephant ride when this photo was taken.

When Buckles hit the Blue Show, I found a home in the alley, latter met my wife, and lived happily ever after.

5/30/2006 7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home