YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

SNAPSHOT: GIL WILSON


To be exact Gilbert E. Wilson, with his American Eskimo, or, Spitz, Dog Act, the uniform looks a lot like those worn on Downie Bros. so I'm going to make that guess. Gil was the father of Dime Wilson whose given name was also Gilbert, in later years he had it legally changed to Dime. He went to the Gen. Delivery window in a Post Office once to pick up the mail for Dime Wilson, the woman said, "that ain't no name", he said it was his name but she still refused to check for mail. He did convince her to look, and finally got his mail.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spitz got a bad rap, so the name was changed to American Eskimo. AKA did not even register them until about ten years ago. They could earn titles in Mixed breed computition. My female always was best bitch, but lost to Frosty the male. I now have a male 12 years old named "TEDDY". Smart as a whip. Just had dental work done on him $350. last year. People have told me when and if there is an after life they want to come back as one of my dogs.

6/30/2006 11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home