YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Saturday, July 01, 2006

SNAPSHOT: GIL GRAY FINALE 1962


Jumping forward in time about 20 years or so,to the Gil Gray Circus again,(I'm getting dizzy), these are the girls from the Patriotic Finale, the center piece was a portable "Dancing Waters" mounted on a trailer that was a tank with fold out top sections to help contain the spray. The girls L to R are, Ann Phfegley, Sandy Canestrelli, Linda Wilson, Ba Warkmeister, Trudy Strong, Gertie Craig, Carmen Monton, Joanne Wilson, Elsa Sidney, Hedi Mays, & Jeannie Johnson. This photo comes from Jackie Wong.

3 Comments:

Blogger Down the Road by Jim said...

I have a serious request( for me that is)-- I know Trudy has some sisters ,and they were in show business, right? Well then, is ther a group shot of them all, sorta like this picture is, and could you print one or two, or are you saving them up for the book,and we'll have to buy it to see those pictures?? How about you Bill, any family shots of you as a little shaver, ( Buck Jones used that phrase in a movie, and I still don't know what it means)??

7/01/2006 4:31 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Hi Jim, It's really not a book, it's a documentary film. I have lots or pics of the girls but it may take a little time to find them. As for me when I was a little shaver, the first two years I shaved, I cut myself both times. I'll see what I can come up with.

7/01/2006 11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The dancing water's wagon : When asked , Gil and Max gave me the same answer, It worked and looked great setting in the yard at quarters. On unlevel ground, and the wind blowing on outdoor dates, it was quite the fiasco. Max just shook his head.

7/06/2006 11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home