YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Monday, July 10, 2006

SNAPSHOT: THE OTHER TRUDY AGAIN


When we bought this colt as an early yearling,he was snow white except for his head, tail, & lower legs, he is still pretty flashy. I think Trudy enjoyed this as much as she did performing.

3 Comments:

Blogger Down the Road by Jim said...

Bill -- you seem to have lots of act names Pharaohs, Quassars , Kirmis duo-- do you still have any posed pictures from any of these outfits ???You know, publicity photos and such -- and finally, did you ever play Delavan , Wisconsin ??? I remember an ariel act, with a jet , or rocket -- Murry Hill was up there too -- I'll look for the program ( good luck , Jim -- thanks) --the Kirmis name sounds familiar -- was in the 60's maybe.

7/10/2006 9:31 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

We took over the Kimris Act in the Fall of '64, we debuted the act in Evansville,(where else), we played a lot of fairs but I don't remember a lot of them. It was a Saber Jet, until Circus America in 1974, at which time we built the Rocket & changed the name to The Quassars.

7/11/2006 8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Murray Hills name was mentioned. I have not seen any pictures of him on any blog. I really enjoy listening to him talk and reading his e-mail news letters. He sure tells it like he thinks it is. "reminds me of someone else"

7/15/2006 2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home