YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Saturday, July 08, 2006

SNAPSHOTS: CIRCUS AMERICA SANITATION DEPT. 1974



Besides my other duties on the show, I was also in charge of the trailer parking, which was a small city, so it was inevitable that this should happen. When I called for volunteers what I got was probably the most elite clean up crew any Sanitation Department ever had. Starting on the left of the Fotk Lift, Braun Rheinholt, Walter Patterson, & behind him is Gene Mendez, Cookie Arturo, & Gerhart Feller, then Ben DeWayne, Albercini,(with shovel), & Myself. In the bottom photo, while Walter & Gerhart finish up, Gene Mendez climbs up with Cookie, & takes a bow for the whole crew.

2 Comments:

Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

So, I got the pics backward. If the guy who invented the computer was so smart, why didn't he make everything go up, instead of down. Or is it the other way around????

7/08/2006 5:50 PM  
Blogger Bob Cline said...

Looks like the Piper Wizard has struck your site as well as Jim's. Fact!

7/08/2006 10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home