YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Monday, July 17, 2006

SNAPSHOT: TRUDY & BATMAN


HOLY BLOGSPOT DOWN THE ROAD JIM!!!! I'm having my picture taken with Trudy & Steven Strong!!!!

Evansville Ind. 1977

5 Comments:

Blogger Down the Road by Jim said...

That's fine Batman , but did you ever have your picture taken with THE LONE RANGER?? Trudy did!!I wonder if you ever even met the LONE RANGER? Trudy did !Do you have a classicial piece of music for your theam song, Batman??? THE LONE RANGER does, and don't forget ,Trudy met him!!

7/17/2006 8:52 PM  
Blogger Down the Road by Jim said...

You know, looking at this picture again, and Trudy's outfit ---- was she supposed to be any particular , that is she looks like she might be , -- er, ah , -- and her hat -- ummm -- I never realized how tall Batman is!

7/17/2006 9:35 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Trudy was dressed for the Quassar Rocket Act.
And I should have known not to mess with The Piper Wizard!!!!

By the way Jim, The Spartan Act was Johnny Zoppe Jr's first big aerial presentation, I seem to remember it as a Hanging Perch, and the whole rigging descended at the end. Later he built the Double Rocket Act, which I thought was a Beautiful Act.

7/17/2006 9:51 PM  
Blogger Pat Cashin said...

Sorry Jim, Batman has it all over the Lone Ranger. Especially the Adam West version!

Steven's dad was in the circus and he got to meet Adam West.

30 years later there are still kids with circus dads lining up to get an autographed picture of Batman.

My son Shane has met Adam, Burt Ward and Frank Gorshin. He's sat in one of the original Barris Batmobiles and daddy calls in a favor to have "Batman" (not Adam West but as close as Daddy can possibly get) come to Shane's birthday party every year.

The suit belongs to me. I've had the pieces made by many of the people who created the costumes for the TV show and done from the original patterns.

If Shane wants the Adam West Batman, then the Adam West Batman he shall have!

For a photo check out..

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3064/1537/1600/BATMOBILE%20Batman%20&%20Clown%2022.JPG

7/17/2006 11:23 PM  
Blogger Bob Cline said...

And to think that just yesterday, It was proven beyond any shadow of a doubt, that in a display of aerial grace and eloquence, high above the reaches of the Big Top floor, Trudy was known to fly. I'm beginning to think that Batman was trying to keep up with her!
Bob

7/18/2006 2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home