YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

CLASS PORTRAIT: HOUSTON 1963


Jackie Wong sent me this Cast Photo of Houston, Texas' Arabia Temple Shrine Circus of 1963. Some of the acts, were The Jim Wong Troupe; Chai & Somai; The Verdus,(Globes); Jeanine Pivotou,(Rings & one arm swings); Victor Julian,(Dress Dogs); Mario Ivanov,(Revolving Ladder);Joe Lemke,(Chimps); The Almiras,(Juggling);The Goetches,(Emil Sr. Jr. & Lola); The Dubskys,(Risley); The Coronas,(High Wire); Rhodines,(Revolving Ladder); The Wilson Sisters,(Linda & Donna,Globes);Norbu,(Human Gorilla); Frisky's Ponies; The Henrys,Glenn, Gary, & Zoe,(Ponies); The Carlos Twins,(Synchronized Hand Balancing)(I have a great early photo of them in my ebay store) Hal Sands Manhattan Rockets; Bob Atterbury was the director; Ernie McClain, Ringmaster; & Izzy Cervone had the Band.
Have you been to, "THE GIBTOWN CIRCUS DIME'S STORE"????

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had the Twins with us on Castle. Hubert and Mary treated them like daughters. They had their ailing father with them at the time. I could never tell them apart, or really learn their names. When I would say hello to them, they would turn red and bashfully giggle. I never even knew what language they were speaking. They kept very much to themselves. They were billed then as the Great Golden Carlos Twins, and they were beautiful.

Can anyone update me about my friend, Ernie McClain (McLean?) ?

9/01/2006 11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home