YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Monday, August 21, 2006

QUASSARS QUIZ: WHO TOOK A BUSTER


This should be an easy one. Who is the member of this act that took a very bad fall, almost never walked again, but overcame his injuries and became a "great clown"?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

BILL: Looks like the picture was taken at the Altoona, PA Jaffa Shrine Circus.....Jaffa will celebrate their 68th Annual Shrine Circus 7 Days April 16th - 22nd 2007 Struppi Hannefrod Producer. Altoona, PA home of Forepaugh-Lubin Tent Host for the 2007 CFA Hershey Convention - May 21st - May 25th. All Roads Lead to Pennsylvania in 2007.

8/22/2006 9:53 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

You are right, it is Jaffa Temple, and every time I think of Jaffa, I can smell those Sweet Vidalia Onions. A Cat & Elephant barn never smelled better!

8/22/2006 12:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, that was Danny Chapman. He was my husband. We did the ladder act with our partner, Davey Seidel, and later with a girl, Sandy Ortiz. We were in Brussels, Belgium when they both fell. Sandy was doing a heel hang on her end of the ladder and she fell off. Of course, with no counter weight on that end, Danny’s end went down instantly, and he fell, too. I was on the side ladder, ready to put the handstand gimmick in place when this happened. Danny’s back was broken, as he landed on the ring curb. Sandy’s pelvis was broken. They both would up in different hospitals. The show had to move on, and I was the only one in Brussels to visit them, which I did – both hospitals, every day. At the time my daughter, Michele, was 6 years old and her sister, Deborah, was 18 months old and still in diapers. Sandy’s daughter, Mindy, was also 18 months old and also still in diapers. I’m glad that’s now just a dim memory.
My name is Joan.

9/13/2007 6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home