YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

SNAPSHOTS:JOSE TORRES MID 1950's




When I first saw these pictures I kept looking at the understander, thinking I know this man, but I just couldn't be sure from where. I kept studying the photos, and the inscription on one of them, and finally decided it said Torres, but that can't be, my friend Jose he is too small to be an understander, see, you just never know. We became friends with the Torres family on Circus Atayde in 1979, and I still consider them very good friends. The best thing about the photos was that when he left Cuba he had to leave everything behind, and had no momentos of his act, by the time I found out who it was, I had sold the originals so I made him copies from my files, I'm glad I had kept them in the files.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home