YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Sunday, August 06, 2006

SNAPSHOTS: FATIMA WAZZAN BRAHIM



How many people out there know that the Showkolks Secretary, Fatima, was a member of one of the greatest Arab Tumbling Troupes to ever grace a Circus Ring, as was her husband Mohamed, they were both members of The Wazzan Troupe. Here are two snapshots taken in Harrisburg, PA on The Hamid-Morton Circus in 1955. The bottom one shows Fatima,(on Alberto's left) in The Alberto Zoppe Bareback Riding Act. For the names of the other riders see my May Posts in the Archives.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for those kind words, Lee.
Sorry you could not stay on the Showfolks board.....WE NEED YOUNG PEOPLE.
fatima

8/09/2006 8:59 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

YOU'RE YOUNG!!!!

8/09/2006 10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny, my grandchildren don't think I'm young,,,,LOL
fatima

8/10/2006 9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fatima,

It was good to see your picture

Alberto

501 336-7131

9/17/2006 7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aberto cherie;
Is so good to see your phone number,
I will call you.
My dauther Mia Arnosi Otto.
leave 25 mile from you.
You are a great one.
we love you.
you are the only one.
that i know .as so many many girls working for you.
in your beautiful riding act.
and i am proud that i was one of them ,at one time.
1956 mexico 57 Hawaii.and
Clide Beatty 58.
Mireille Theron Arnosi...
thank you Alberto.

11/12/2006 9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mireille, Remember me? I'm the young lady (age 15) on the far right in the Zoppe Troupe, Denise Stephens? I was with you in 1956 in Mexico,Circo Atayde Hermanos 57 Hawaii (Wally Yee Cirus)and with Clyde Beatty Circus (I did the Slide For Life hanging by my teeth) 58 - 59. Etc. I remember you and the wonderful Theron Family Bicycle act very well.It is so fun to see people I knew then like you and Fatima & Antar Wazzan,So many in these pictures.I send love and hugs to all my former circus friends, Denise Stephens ( now I'm known as Ashtar-Athena Sheran)

1/23/2008 3:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home