YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Sunday, September 03, 2006

ENGLISH DINNER

A word about the "English Dinner" at Showfolks last nite, prepared by Derrick Rosaire Jr.,,,,"FABULOUS"!
I said "a" word.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will add another word:
FANTASTIC.....
fatima

9/04/2006 9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

plus, Did you know the Rosaire Family donated the whole dinner plus entertainment to the club!
fatima

9/04/2006 9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The room looked beautiful, and the food was great, i think everyone had a fabulous evening ! Jolly Good

Dale

9/04/2006 9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's hard for me to believe, but even though I've spent time in Sarasota, I've never walked through the doors of Showfolks. From all I hear, I've certainly missed something great.

9/04/2006 3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, Bill & Trudy, how does one become invited to one of these wonderful dinners at the Showfolks? Is the membership a must? And, do you have to be involved in the business to join? Thanks, Annie

9/05/2006 2:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what was on this menu to make it an "english dinner"??cc

9/05/2006 8:17 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

A very good salad with some kind of dark brown dressing, Roast Beef in brown gravy, roasted potatos, pees, & Yorkshire Pudding,(at least I was told it was Yorkshire Pudding), I know it was very good. I also understand the Rosaire Family footed the bill for the whole thing.

9/05/2006 11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds good and was certainly generous of the Rosaires. There was/is a little restaurant in Toronto that served great food and steaks but the only vegetable they had was peas; 12 months a year. II figured they owned a huge pea farm somewhere, but it must be traditional english fare. cc

9/06/2006 7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home