YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Thursday, November 30, 2006

NINETTE THERON PARKER'S SCRAPBOOK OF MEMORIES #2

SUNBATHING ON LIDO BEACH
Ninette, Rose Sullivan Behee, & Flo Theron.


MIREILLE THERON ARNOSI & FRIENDS
Here is Mireille with Mrs. Al Antanucci, & Flying Act Catcher Jimmy Olson, year unknown.


LEXIE BRUNO
How many of you remember when George Bruno, & his wife Lexie did a routine with him in a footloop holding her,(like a hanging perch), then she would go down to the axle while he did the Sway-Pole routine, then she would trip the Break-Away, and operate the brake.


NINETTE WORKING WITH ELEPHANTS
I don't have info on this snapshot yet.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was always scare of the big bulls that I always declined to work whit them as I was always having some nightmares of many Elephants running after me, then finally I decided to work with them for the Vargas show in 1974 then all the nightmares wanish, strange''. Ninette.

11/30/2006 8:28 PM  
Blogger GaryHill said...

Where does Rose have her right hand in the beach photo??

12/01/2006 10:47 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

You Sir, are a dirty old man!!!! I assure you it is not what you think.

12/01/2006 1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had Bruno on several Castle dates in 1972-73. A great act and a nice guy in the Backyard. I remember his son, but never knew his Mrs.

12/04/2006 12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home