YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Sunday, November 26, 2006

EVANSVILLE 2006: SNAPSHOTS

AFTER FINALE
The crew is rolling the flag, & the elephants are waiting to start rides. Love those non-stop 3 show days!

CAT ARENA


HADI TEMPLE CALLIOPE
This is basically a Roll Calliope, I'm not sure but I think the keys work too, at any rate the sound of an old fasioned Circus is there.


BACK YARD
Who parked that Rickshaw there?

3 Comments:

Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

I played this date with the LaBlondes Aerial Bar Act, the first time they used this building in 1956, it was produced by E.R."Pop" Gray, & some other acts that that I remember were, Prof. Keller's Cats; La Norma, Single Tapeze; The Cycling Sidneys; The St Leons, Teeterboard; & Jimmy Douglass was Producing Clown.
The next time I played it was 1964 for Al Dobritch, in fact Trudy & I debuted the Kimris Act there. I don't know if the Calliope was there in '56, but it has been there for as long as I can remember otherwise.

11/26/2006 12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I really miss being there this year. I started in Evansville in 1988 and the year I'm not there, they finally change the web costumes!!!!!!! I am always amazed how clear those cell phone photos are. It is almost like being there. I would like to see a picture of the web girls.

11/26/2006 1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am definately going next year, no questions ablut it. Maybe I can even get back stage. 10 elephants, thats more than Ringling Brothers Red or blue! The elephant guys look like a good time. This picture of louie Delmoral shows a side of him that I haven't seen in pictures before.

11/26/2006 3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home