YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Sunday, November 12, 2006

ORRIN DAVENPORT CIRCUS: DETROIT, MICHIGAN 1959



I discovered the line up page was missing from this program, but decided to continue on, as you can see here Harry Thomas was the Ringmaster, and Merle Evans was Bandleader, some of the things missing are the Little Aerial number which usually consisted of 8 or 10 single acts around the track, some I remember through the years were, Ruth Flannigan, Grace McIntosh, Corrine Dearo, Ulaine Maloy, Ingrid Merideth, and usually a feature act or two. Some ground acts missing would be Francisco & Dolores, The Nobel Trio,(Parrallel Bars,one member of that act was Frank Clark), Johnson & Owens,(Horizontal Bars, and Trampoline Casting), and of course Joe Zoppe's Riding Act. An Aerial Act missing is The LaBlonde Trio,(Comedy Aerial Horizontal Bars).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have any idea what happened to Corrine Dearo? I have been unable to learn of her demise.
Thanks
Alvie L. Davidson
Lakeland FL

1/14/2007 7:45 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Alvie,
If you ever read this, I apologize, I don't check back through my comments enough. I too would be interested to know what became of Bert & Corrine, they were two of my favorite people.

4/12/2007 8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home