YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Monday, January 01, 2007

SHOWMAN'S NEW YEAR #2

UNIDENTIFIED UNICYCLE ACT
There were a lot of acts like this around in those years so take your best hold. Some that come to mind, are Les Blue & Yvette, Jack Mayand & Co., and Ray & Yo.

FRED & ORTANS CRISTIANI CANESTRELLI
Notice Eddie Zacchini spotting this difficult trick.

THE FRIELANIS
The young lady on the left is Greta Frisk, who also did a great Single Trapeze Act.

La NORMA


LES GIRALDOS
This sort of shows that nothing is new!

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LES GERALDO....

NOT GIRALDO...
BILL YOU DID IT AGAIN.

2 MORE SPRITE FOR YOU. ...
NOW YOU WILL
SOON HAVE A CASE ...
IF YOU KEEP IT UP...LOL...

YOURS.

1/02/2007 5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BILL... DEDUCT..2
FOR...... FORGOTTEN....MY ....S...

1/02/2007 5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anonymous' where did you forgot your SSSSSSSSSSSSS ?.

1/02/2007 5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL

1/03/2007 10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill! it is not the Cristiani or Canestrelli rola- bola act, this is the big time Tomy Hannerford and Kay Hannerford before Tomy became a producer.

1/03/2007 12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Question!? Who did six acts, entirely diferent, He played Ringgling bross. But not with his own six acts. But he did play Hollywood on Ice' for five season. Plus he is the owner of the only Army Oscar owned by a circus performer, Ed Sulivan presented him with the Oscar on the T.V. show. in 1957. Whhhhoooo' would that be?

1/03/2007 1:44 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Quite often when I get a photo I depend on others for identification.

I have said many times, here, & in my ebay descriptions, one of the good things about being in the Circus, if you're wrong about something, some one will tell you.

That's only the 2nd time I was wrong, once before I thought I made a mistake, but I was wrong.

Not to mention the fact that I seem to have reached a point in my life where I don't know the difference between my "S" and a hole in the ground.

1/03/2007 5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BILL;
IS IT....
BECAUSE THEY LOOKS A LIKE...LOL.

1/03/2007 5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill' we all make mistake on and off and that great or we would not be human. I am one of the very much mistake doing..but that's o.k.

1/03/2007 6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HE ...NINETTE...
I WONT BUY YOU A DRINK AT THE CLUB.
FOR YOUR MISTAKE......
I KNOW, WATH YOUR DRINK COST...LOL.

1/03/2007 6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! Anonymous, I realized that I also forgot my S' at the word (that). Gee' do I need get a regular drink? no'thank-you, I'LL pay my own. LOL.

1/03/2007 6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That photo of Mike and Sally LaTorres! WHERE DID YOU GET IT??? I am Kelley - Mike's daughter from his first marriage. I haven't seen him since I was a little girl. He and I last talked when I was 28 (I do know he passed away a couple of years ago) and I would give just about anything to find more photos. Please, please email me at KelleyGreenEyez@yahoo.com

2/25/2007 12:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

those are my grandparents fred canestrelli and ortans canestrelli doing their rola-bola act-I am sure of it!!! Not hannerford anything.

8/04/2007 3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home