YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Saturday, December 23, 2006

FROM THE SHELVES OF "THE GIBTOWN DIME'S STORE"

Here are a few odds & ends I found rummaging around in "The Dime's Store" files, I hope they will bring back some memories.


THE ZACCHINI BROTHERS
These are three of the original five brothers, the photo is sort of self explanatory.


MARTIN LAMBERTI
I seem to remember Martin being a very talented young man, makes me wonder what became of him.


THERONS
Here are Esmerelda, & Mirielle Theron with one of Uncle Billy's Spider Monkies, Mirielle tells me Billy made all their wardrobe.


HOXIE TUCKER
What can I really say that hasn't already been said many times.


FELLER BOYS & DODO
Are there some things you feel you will never see again?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I worked for producer Hubert Castle I was standing in the back door waiting to go and following the Feller Boys and DoDo, who Castle had booked as part of his show and Hubert was standing there as well and he remarked to me, "I sure am glad that they were not around when I was walking the wire".

12/25/2006 9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would note that Martin Lamberti is, or was the son of Willy Lamberti who was a member of the Gretona high wire act, who like the Zoppe-Zavatta settled in Rochester, Ind. due to their connection with the Cole Bros. Circus being headquartered there at that time.

12/25/2006 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home