YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Thursday, December 14, 2006

IN MEMORY OF DUINA ZACCHINI NORMAN

DUINA ZACCHINI NORMAN #1 THE TRAPEZE FLYER
The Circus World has lost another great Star. I have received word that Duina Zacchini Norman passed away yesterday, she was an accomplshed Flying Trapeze Artist and one of the Zacchini Family Human Cannonballs.

THE FLYING ZACCHINIS
Duina, with brother Eddie, & catcher George Alvarez.



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was one of the best familys in our circus world. I only knew a few of them, but I have never met a more helpful, kind and careing group of human beings.

12/14/2006 2:54 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Good morning Bill,
My heart was so sadden when I read the news on your website.
I worked so many times with the Zacchini family. Duina was the one person who would organize all the performers to put on a show. We always had a great time. She was truly a great Performer and a FUN
type person. Was sorry to learn of the news.
I have a letter here before me from Poppa Zacchini. The letter sent to me, asking to join them in Tampa to practice the Cannon act. Dated November 13, 1958.
With deep Sympathy to the Zacchini family ---------
Bertha & Frank Campisi

12/15/2006 10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OBIT: Click on Tennessean.com - Friday 15, 2006 article by Jennifer Brooks, Staff Writer with picture of Duina holding her very young daughter. As a very young fan of the circus I can remember Duina's P.R. pictures and beauty of this lady. Then on my first occasion to meet this beatuful lady and witness the double cannon act I diffently fell in the love with the circus...No doubt another sad passing in the circus world of greats....

12/16/2006 8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home