YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Thursday, December 21, 2006

LOGAN MEMORIAL: ELEPHANT GIRLS REVISITED

I got a call from John Herriott reminding me that no one has named the girls yet and maybe with help from Joanne I could get it done. I said, the back row is easy, if it's not a Logan, it's a Pages, but then, some are both. Seriously I hope this is at least close, please forgive any missing, or wrong first names.
Left to right, in the front are, Netta McMahon, Pom Pom Donaho, Mary Ruth Herriott, Trudy Wilson Strong, & Cindy Herriott Wells.
Standing are, Lou Ann Jacobs Barreda, ? Logan, Cindy Morris, Gail Murray, Jennie Frisco, Mary Williams, Colleen Pages, Frieda Logan Pages, Eicinta Pages, Lucy Logan Pages, ? Logan, Naomi Logan, & Joanne Wilson.

Any corrections, or additions, will be more than welcome, & immediately edited into this text.

1 Comments:

Blogger Martin said...

Hi, I was pleased to see that I was remembered. The picture was taken in the Carson & Barns Circus in about 1967 or 68 in the Chicago area. The person reffered to as asst. is of course my sister, Lorena. I am alive and doing well, Thank God. At the moment I'm working with Neil Goldgerg's Cirque Dreams in Palm Springs, California. I've been with Cirque Productions for eight years now. Before that I lived in Germany where I worked with Harry Owens "Traumtheater Salome" (Dream Theatre Salome) for thirteen years. At 52 years of age my performances have evolved beyond the classical hand ballancer and juggler that I was in my early showbusiness carrier to comedy and "Dream Juggling" that I perform now. To quote Carl Walenda, a good friend of my father's, "Life is on the stage. The rest is waiting for the next show to begin."

Again, it is a pleasure to see that I'm remembered even if with a question such as "What ever happened to?

MARTIN LAMBERTI

12/31/2006 1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home