YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

FOR THE GUY DOWN THE ROAD NAMED JIM!!!

Jim I hope you can handle this, here are three snapshots of Trudy, from '58 to '63, I'm sure you will notice a difference.

Penny, Trudy & Joanne on the Texas Dates 1958. Trudy & Jana Corona on the Gil Gray Circus, 1960.


Trudy on Jimmy Douglas Paramont Circus Christmas Show 1963.



8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trudy' you look great' and the blond hair sure fit you nice. The picture in the silver and blue feathers costume is a perfect picture.

2/28/2007 1:18 PM  
Blogger Down the Road by Jim said...

Are you really sure ???? That first one looks like Mary Hartline to me -- 2nd one -- well , maybe ,but the third one is definately Trudy with unblonde hair -- this is so confusing

2/28/2007 6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim' the eyes will always be a giveaway, no mater the changes in the appearances.

2/28/2007 7:11 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

The trailer behind Trudy was our first, it was a 1963 Yellowstone, 27ft. long, & cost all of $2750, that's barely over $100 per ft.

We bought it from a dealer in Altoona, PA named Johnny Canole, & I'm sure there are a lot more of his customers out there. The hardest part was the financing, you had 6 months of payments, & 6 months of no payments, at bank interest. He was the greatest friend the traveling showman ever had.

2/28/2007 8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We bought a trailer from John Canole too.It was sure nice not to have to make up any excuse beyond, "no dates till...". In a real coincidence years later I found out how he could do that. A customer of mine was originally from Altoona; her father OWNED a bank. When I asked if she knoew John, "I know him well, he's my cousin. That was his finance source. cc

3/01/2007 8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, didn't you have a crew cab Dodge to pull that?? cc

3/01/2007 8:53 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Yes we did, a couple of them in fact, Those were gutsy pick ups, I woild put them up against anything made today.

In the picture you can barely see the back of our '59 Olds Super 88, 4 Door Hard Top, There were 13 of these on the show, all pulling trailers, and they flew like the wind. I still don't believe I drove 90 mph with a house trailer, we must have been nuts!

3/01/2007 11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sure made me laughf at the statement 'we must have been nuts" I agreed to that' as I recall well, when I drove our truck with a fifthweel on its back and going over 85,mph and loosing a back tire and kep going, and going. Never realized until I drove into the gass station, then I hear "Ninette' you lost a back tire" the funny thing was tha I seen a tire passing me by on an angle going down a hill. Huummmm wonder where that tire come from.

3/01/2007 5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home