YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

HAZEL KING & MAJOR # 2

HAZEL WITH MAJOR IN 1945
How many years did Hazel have Major?

HAZEL ON MAJOR, ALSO 1945
Major doing a Camel Stretch

A COUPLE EXTRAS!!!!
HAZEL ON FRANK MILLERS EAGLE

FRANK MILLERS MENAGE RIDERS
I believe Hazel is third from the left

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hazel had a distinguished career. She was one of the principal riders of the great Frank Miller Dancing horses on Ringling. She was married to movie star cowboy Jack Hoxie I believe when they were young back on the 101 Ranch show and later she was married to another known cowboy, Jack King, hence the name Hazel King. She was an excellent horse trainer [dogs also] Spent a number of years as head trainer on Daily Bros. and I was fortunate to troupe with her on Gil Gray and become friends and it was always enjoyable to visit her in retirement in Gainesville. Yes I remember Major quite well and when we shared a ring together. She would frown on any of us in the stable using cuss words but when she was in the ring running the liberty horses she would call out to the cut off horse, "Sailor you wall eyed Son Ofr A Bitch". After practice, naturally we would recall that it never happened. She was a great gal. I am proud to have known her.

2/08/2007 11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure when Hazel got Major, I believe it was when he was very young as I remember her telling me she trained him. I think he died in his late 30's. He was the love of her life. She was my idol when I was a child even though I was terrified of her. Gil Gray tried to fire her because he was getting so many complaints about her cussing in the ring (she was also getting very blind)but she just kept showing up when it was time for her liberty act. Mr. Gray finally gave up & let her finish out the season. And if you read this Johnny, yes it's Kandra.

2/09/2007 10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like the fact she married men with the same first name. "JACK" I can just vision what she called them in a temper. I remember what I called mine. I always like a gutsy female.

2/11/2007 9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home