YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Sunday, May 13, 2007

CIRCUS VARGAS #8

HEDY JO STARR
The beautiful wardrobe for Circus Vargas was designed by the show's Production Coordinator, Dale Longmire and Las Vegas Costume Designer & Costume Maker Hedy Jo Starr .

THE CIRCUS VARGAS STAFF


AU REVOIR
AND THAT, LADIES & GENTLEMEN, WAS CIRCUS VARGAS!!!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Now that's what I call a
great show!!
You will not see a show like that today.....because
IT'S A NEW DAY!!

5/14/2007 9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These pictures are wonderful. I cannot see Italo w/o starting to hum "Cherry pink & apple blossom white" over and over and over. They really did do everything - and COOK!cc

5/14/2007 11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see Muscarello is his usual happy-go-lucky self.

5/14/2007 11:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cliff assembled a strong show year in and year out. I remember him swinging up into the cab of a semi to head to the next stand. I commented that I thought he drove his motor home. He countered that the semi contained the concessions and he didn't want some driver to "roll the truck". He had someone drive his motor home which he said could be replaced.

I took D. R. Miller over to Circus Vargas whrn the two shows were day and dating in the Chicago area. Cliff was leading us towards the Presidents box and D. R. stopped at the end of the grandstand and began counting the risers. Cliff came running back and led D. D. to the box seats. At intermission, D. R. said "let's leave quietly and go back to my show".

5/15/2007 8:52 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

But Barney, he's smiling!!!!

One week, for some unknown reason, I didn't know it was payday, so between shows I went to Joe's trailer & knocked rather sheepishly at the door. He opened it, half dressed and I apologized and said, "I seem to have missed something". He started an endless tirade about how everyone else on the show knew it, why didn't I. After another apology and an admission that he was right, he kept on hollering. My habit when that happens is to stand there arms folded and let the person wear themself out, or, as I did in this case, just turn around & walk away. After about 20' I heard my name but ignored it and kept walking, after a couple more times I had to have heard it so I stopped & turned around. Here came Joe,trying to get into his shoes while half running, trying to hold his pants up, and tuck his,shirt in, saying come to the office and I'll pay you. God I wish I'd had a camera!!!!

5/15/2007 5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are the Fornasaris family doing now?

David

5/15/2007 6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home