YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

SAD NEWS FROM EVANSVILLE.

I received an email from Doc Standring informing me that Maryse Basco called to tell him her mother, French Single Trapeze Star, Maryse Begary, is terminally ill with cancer. He is going to see her tomorrow & will keep me posted.

UPDATE: I received the following email tonight.
Hi Bill-
Visited Andree (Maryse) Begary. She is in a nice Nursing Home, in a nice room and rational. She says she has no pain and is visited daily by her Daughter and Husband. She is still very courteous. It was a
good visit.
Doc Standring

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking at the rope Maryse is using here reminded me of watching her on an old bozo tape I have of just the acts that were on everyday. On that tape she used just a manilla rope as a web, also her trap bar was hanging on manilla rope with no coverings, and also her one arm swing rope.. Did she always use this rope? She was and is one tuff woman..My thoughts and prayers go to her and her family... Mr Lee......

10/03/2007 10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many memories of this great lady that I believe appeared on Ringling, Beatty-Cole, Polack to name a few...I saw her last perform on the Vets Memorial Stage in Columbus,OH during her Polack days..She left the show in Columbus for movie work in Europe. Lee makes mention of the manilla rope and not her left handed one arm swing. It seem like each time I visited her the skin on her left wrist was broken, but she still performed..Center Ring Performer all the way. Our hearts and prayers go out to Maryse..

10/03/2007 11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home