YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Friday, September 28, 2007

REMEMBER THESE PART TWO: #3

Here is the Joanides Family

This is Yvonne, Renee, Naida, & Desiree,(not sure of the order of the last two), in the early to mid 1960's.
THE GOLDEN KIDS


This young lady is still performing this trick,,,,over 40 years later.
YVONNE


Here is their father, Johnny, in Madison Square Gardens on Ringling Bros. in the 1950's.
JOHNNY JOANIDES

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bill,
This photo of Johnny Joanides is actually from 1948 in the old Madison Square Garden.
The drapery around the seats identifies the year.
Dom Yodice

9/29/2007 10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill
Do you have a picture of the
"Wizz Kids" from Rochester, Ind.
Would like to see Jimmy Hall when
he was little on a wheel.
Ralph - Baraboo

9/29/2007 10:30 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Dom: I had hoped you would jump in and correct that, I changed it four times. After all those Garden shots I posted before you would think I'd remember the dates you gave me for each decor.

Ralph: I wish I had one, I remember the act well. They were on the bill of the first big fair I worked with LaBlondes,(Reading, PA). On the same show was Willie, West & McGinty, & I think the Banana Man was there too.

9/29/2007 10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a delightful photo of Yvonne with her mouth open.I recall getting hollered at a lot for doing that very thing and got told that Yvonne "doesn't do that".
P.S.And her mouth is every bit as big as mine.

9/29/2007 12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For a time we were blessed with two great young performer unicycle acts both the equal of each other. The Whiz Kids and The Golden Kids.

10/02/2007 9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home