YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Friday, September 28, 2007

REMEMBER THESE PART TWO: #4

LES BLOCK'S
I'll have to look to Ninette for names on these two photos.





THE GREAT EUGENE'S

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr.Lee Quiz! lol... Didn't this act switch roles on the wire in later years? Also the Son of this women was one of the first circus kids to do the big leap into the movie business??? Mr. Lee

9/29/2007 1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whooops''' forgot to give the names on the Blocks highwire act.
From l to r. bottom, Gerhard Block,
on top, Gilda, daughter of Stella Zerbini and Jean Bervoux (clown), bottom Alain Zerbini, top, Gerard Zerbini, on pedestal, Stella Zerbini Bervoux... Gilda maried Andres Ramos have one son. sadly lef only, Gerhard, and Alain, from the high-wire act.

9/29/2007 1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found out that Johnny and Mary Ruth have the same opinion as I do about these 2 folks on the wire.. I'm waiting for Mr. Hall's great comentary and positive I.D.?? lol....Mr.Lee........

9/29/2007 3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Requested from the ring tailed lemur; (AKA Hell's Angel wannabe), this act, I believe would be Eugene Leclur. I remember these folks. Also they sold their Beck commercial highway bus to the great Arturos. They used to advertise Homosasis Springs. It was painted on the roof of the coach. It was quite a rig in its day with a 450 red diamond, same as the old Zachini Diamond Rio canons.

9/29/2007 4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

phew glad we got that cleares up!
I thought that they were Betty and Fritz Huber.... I miss seeing Betty on our yearly trip to the Willmington Fair,,,Mr.Lee

9/29/2007 6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home