YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Saturday, November 03, 2007

TARZAN ZERBINI CIRCUS DETROIT 1986: LIBERTY ACT DISPLAY

This is Don & Joanne Anderson, and Trudy Strong presenting their,Liberty Acts in Detroit, in 1986, someone once told me it was the only time they had a display like this. Whether that is true or not I don't know, the Detroit Shrine Circus has been around for a long time, & they've had some pretty big shows. This is only part of the movie Don had done, there are segments featuring each act close up, I like the effect of this one showing all three acts. The show that year was produced by Tarzan Zerbini .

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very lovely horse diplay,
that you wont see it two
often.
thank you.

11/04/2007 9:41 AM  
Blogger Down the Road by Jim said...

Bill --- for once I'm speechless --- the movie itself , is a GEM --- but you , you have climed the mountain of blogdom -- sound movies -- you never cease to amaze me -- I think I even spotted you , outside Trudy's center ring --- I await you next spectacular approbation !!

11/04/2007 10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I aways thought the one season on the Bentley Bros Circus was the best show When Anderson's had their two liberty acts also three high school horses the eight Palamino pones show owned also Timmy Loyal's bareback act and Benny Fonazari horse and pony I believe the head count was in excess of 34-head. quit a show.

11/04/2007 4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home