YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

EUROPEAN SNAPSHOTS #7 :

You may not recognize the trainer in the bottom left corner of this pic.


But there is not much doubt in this one.
On the back of the first snapshot is printed, 1967, Tiger on elephant at Circus Williams, Berlin, Germany, Trainer Gebel-Williams....on the bottom picture, 1968, Trainer Gebel of Circus Williams, Germany

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Mr Strong,
First of all congratulations to this exciting and wonderful Blog. I got to admit that your and Mr. Woodcocks Blogs are the first websites I open at work in the morning. I am a German modelbuilder, currently living in the US and working on a model of the late Circus Williams (1967-68). I was very excited seeing Mondays pictures of Mr. Gebel-Williams and Mr. Beautour and was wondering where you got these amazing snapshots from and if your source has more. Mr. Beautour worked his leopard act at Circus Williams in 1967. I would appreciate a postive response to marco_kristen att gmx.de . Thank you very much. P.S.: I still remember your wife's great tiger act with Circus Krone. Sincerely, Marco Kristen

12/12/2007 4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home