YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Friday, January 11, 2008

MORE EUROPEAN & ENGLISH PICS & POST CARDS

I hate cramming all of these together but I just happened to have a post I was saving for something that wouldn't upload. So here are some additional snapshots I found.

Maybe Sue Lenz can fill in some years for these.


THE 15 MOGADOR MOROCANS
Tom Arnold's Circus, Herringay Arena

PHYLLIS ALLEN'S "PLAYTIME IN POODLE LAND"
Bertram Mills Circus, Olympia

JOHNNY'S TEDDY BEARS
Bertram Mills Circus, Olympia

TROLLE RHODIN'S POLAR BEARS, PRESENTED BY JOHANNES STEINHOFF
BERTRAM MILLS CIRCUS, OLYMPIA
Above photos by, Keystone Press Agency, London.

LE CLAIR'S PERFORMING DOGS
Post Card, undated.

JULIETTE'S EDUCATED SEALIONS
Post Card, undated

LEINERT- DAS MENSCHLICHE GESCHOSS,(THE HUMAN PROJECTILE)
Post Card, Berlin, 1929

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home