YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Sunday, February 08, 2009

ROLAND TIEBOR #3:TRAINING SEA LIONS CONTINUED

As I read this story I could actually hear Roland's soft easy voice.He was definitely, as Johnny says, "one of the good guys"!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never met Mr. Tiebor in person but I did see him perform several times. When I was charged with developing a sea lion act at the St. Louis Zoo we attempted to get Mr. Tiebor as a tutor. Unfortunately he broke his hip and could make the trip. However he was alway kind enough to take a phone call or write a note and offer advice and encouragement.

His acts were always first rate but he was an even finer gentleman. I've never heard anything to the contrary.

2/09/2009 5:52 PM  
Anonymous Dennis Hughes said...

Thank you so much for the kind words about Roland. I'm not sure if you mean jr or sr though. Roland jr was my cousin by marriage, altough we were only allowed to call him "Uncle Roland" They were both incredible men of honor and sadly, Uncle roland had his career ended for him when Arthur Provencher bought Benson's Wild Animal Farm in Hudson, NH, and let him go after decades of service with them and they kept all of his equipment that had been handed down from father and Grandfather, because he couldn't prove ownership. He was a Grandfather when he retired and, although saddened by the way things ended, he lived the rest of his years a happy and peaceful man.

7/23/2009 8:14 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

"LIKE FATHER LIKE SON", I would have to say the same for both.

I have a little place in my mind where I keep memories of certain people I have known in my lifetime, I describe them as people who made it worth being here,,,,,they are both there!

7/23/2009 9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home