YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Sunday, May 28, 2006

FROM THE TOP OF A HILL # 3


This photo is a bit of a mystery, it is Downie Bros. Circus in 1928. If you look closely you can count 3 center poles, Downie had a 4 pole top, now if you look on the right side you'll see a group of people who appear to be sewing canvas. Not far from the location of this photo in the family album were several shots of a big top that had obviously been blown down. So far I've found no evidence that they had a blowdown that year, but.????

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting photo; I am sure that they were sewing on another middle piece. Maybe it got ripped by something other than a blowdown.

5/28/2006 4:39 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

I have some more pics of the 3 pole set up, I'll run them tonight or tomorrow. What I also wonder about is a surprisingly small amount of equipment on the lot.

5/28/2006 4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home