YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Friday, May 05, 2006

LINDA & THE HAMID-MORTON ELEPHANTS


While I'm at it, I'd better not leave anyone out, this is Linda Wilson working with the Hamid-Morton Elephant Act, 1960's.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill, Is this the "Linda" I think it is? The elephant on the tub looks very familiar. How did "TRUDY" get the red hair?

5/06/2006 7:52 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Yes that is Linda, she is riding Siam, and that is Bombay on the tub.
Re: Trudy's hair, she had been doing it blonde for a long time and was worried it would damage her hair so she let grow out, (sort of dark dishwater blonde) for about 6 months. Then in '64 we were on the Dobritch Show, and became friends with Barbara & Buckles, Trudy told Barbara how much she liked her red hair, so Barbara dyed Trudy's and she's been a redhead ever since.

5/06/2006 8:37 AM  
Blogger Down the Road by Jim said...

Trudy isn't a real redhead??? Now I'm scared to ask about the easter bunny!

5/06/2006 9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sure could have fooled me too. Never dreamed she was anything else. The things we learn on these blog!!

5/06/2006 11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home