YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Saturday, May 06, 2006

PLAGIARISM


There are quite a few comments on Buckles Blog this morning regarding the misuse of peoples pictures. In the Winter of '94 & '95 we worked on an Italian Circus, in Naples, whose only poster with a picture was this one. When I questioned them regarding it, they told me their artist created it. I told them it was quite a coincidence, because he looked exactly like a friend of mine.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad t find your blog! That was you and my dad that dropped the rigging!

5/06/2006 11:41 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Yes it was, I think it was in Havre, Mont., we were taking it down during intermission but ran out of time and the elephants were coming in, so we stopped so we wouldnt scare them. The uprights were not quite half way down and evidently from the weight of the gin pole it stood back up and went forward into the seats.Luckily no one was hurt. We did learn a lesson about leaving the back guy lines on till the rigging is down.

5/06/2006 12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to find your blog site too! Between you and Buckles, it is hard to get any work done in the mornings here. That clown does bear a striking resemblance to Blinko, doesn't it?
Ron Perry

5/08/2006 8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home