YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Sunday, May 28, 2006

SNAPSHOT: GALA SHAWN


When they talk about best Head Balancing Trapeze Acts, this gal gets my vote, she could sleep, standing on her head, on a swinging trapeze bar. The girls in their skimpy costumes think they are sexy, Gala Shawn was sexy. When she entered the ring, wearing a, "one piece" costume, with a Mink Stole over her shoulders, she could melt a block of ice. This is on Paul Kay & Ralph Yampuku's International 3 Ring Circus, Honolulu, 1974.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Lady & Great Act - No doubt the reason Galla was inducted into the Ring Of Fame-Sarasota,FL...I shall remember my years with Jim Hetzer International Circus and Buzz and Galla had the concessions..She was still beautiful and when my daughters came on the show she was so nice to them..I believe she was in one of the Jerry Lewis movies that was shot on the Clyde Beatty Circus...Bill, I enjoy your blog...

5/29/2006 6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NOW!! This is CLASS. What a performer should look like. Looks like she took the time to look fantastic for the paying circus goers.

5/29/2006 6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She was in The Greatest Show on Earth and 3 Ring Circus

3/30/2008 1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home