YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Sunday, June 11, 2006

GIL WILSON ON SPARKS


This is Dime's father Gil on The Sparks Circus truck show in 1946. Dianne Phillips brought some people that were scouting for a Circus movie to the house one day, one of the things they asked was what Clown costumes looked like in the '20's & '30's. I said I won't tell you what they looked like but if you will come with me I will show you. In the store room there were 3 boxes of Gil & Lil's old wardrobe, one of the ladies who was with the wardrobe dept. was very impressed. Somwhere in the conversation I happened to ask what kind of budget they had, man did that meeting end fast. The next Circus Report I saw an ad with a list of things they were looking for, everything that was on the list, they had seen here in the house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home