YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Saturday, July 22, 2006

A CLASS ACT: THE GEORGIANS #2





After a great trapeze routine by Vicky on the shoulder perch, George would go to the back of the ring get the Bullwhip and roll a globe to the center of the ring, a crack of the whip and the globe would open, & out would come Kay Francis, or later on Dianne. The finish trick was a double revolve by the two girls. I don't care how corny it sounds, "they just don't make 'em like that any more"!!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am too young to remember [choke] a lot of the Hanneford acts, Production numbers more then acts, and never saw a bad performance. They always gave their best every show to circus goers. They always show cased every performer. Your right, no matter how corny it sounds. The best of the best.

7/22/2006 2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whenever I talk about acts " back in the day" I always tell about this one. Again, one that has never been duplicated and I don't think could be duplicated. It was the GREATEST perch act I have ever seen!

7/24/2006 9:23 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Sorry fellows, no free ads!

4/30/2007 10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home