YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Thursday, August 31, 2006

FACES # 3


This is "The Side Show King", Mr. Ward Hall. Ward is seen here with Leonardo, I believe, his first partner, the photo is inscribed to Gil & Lil Wilson, and dated 1961, although it may have been taken earlier.

I have been informed by Ward that the photo was taken in 1957.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill,

Cindy Potter posted her letter to Buckles a day or two ago. She and husband Ned Potter and I worked for Hoover in '81. In my reply to her, I mentioned researching Mabel's carnie days dancing the cooch. She wanted to know how far the girls went in this attraction, and I referred her to the book "Girl Show"--but failed to remember who wrote it. Was it Ward Hall--Al Stencill, or who??

8/31/2006 6:02 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

I called Jim Elliott and asked him, he said Al Stencill! Wards in St Paul right now but I still haven't talked to him.

8/31/2006 8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home